- The competition is open to all registered Hong Kong primary schools and all enrolled primary school students.
- Individuals and groups of up to 4 students can submit a single story.
Stories and illustrations must be original
- Language Requirement
English and/or Chinese
- Page Limit
10-12 pages of writing
- Word Limit
50 words in English per page / 80 characters in Chinese per page
a. Each page of story must have an accompanying illustration
b. Measurements: suggested 29.7cm x 29.7 cm (i.e. folded A3 size paper)
c. Writing and illustrations should be separate; story text should not be on the illustrations.
Individuals and groups of up to 4 students may submit a joint story as one entry.
- Number of entries
There is no limit on the number of entries subject to payment of the relevant fees.
Story submissions will not be returned. If you would like your original story returned after the end of the competition cycle after 30 May 2021, you may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for self-pick up at Kids4Kids office. Any unclaimed materials will be disposed of in Kids4Kids’ discretion after 30 Sep 2021.
- A panel of judges will select and present Awards to including but not limited to winners that have demonstrated exceptional : “Storytelling Excellence”, “Writing Excellence” and “Illustration Excellence” from the each participating school Category and Individual Category (which Learning Centres story submissions will be judged as a part of the Individual Category).
- A collection of 10 stories will be selected by our panel of judges and be printed in the annual Kids4Kids Treasury Vol. 10 publication
- The judge’s decisions are final and binding.
Competition Rules for School Category
- Schools must register by 30 Sep 2020 via here to become a participating school.
- Only registered participating schools is entitled to Concession Codes for the first 10 story submission entries for HK$100 each story, and any additional story submissions will be at the Standard story submission entry fee of HK$300 per story. Proceeds from submission fees will be used to support Kids4Kids’ Literacy Development Programmes.
- Each school is responsible for coordinating the collection of all the story submission fees and to arrange one payment to Kids4Kids Ltd. by cheque/bank transfer/credit card.
- Registered participating schools will receive by email, at the end of October, a ‘My Story Creation competition’ starter kit with – 10 Concession codes, a My Story Creation Programme introduction video and a writing and illustration guide.
Competition Rules for Learning Centre Programme Partners
- Learning Centre Programme Partners must register and have made payment for confirmed participation in My Story Creation Competition 2020-21 by the deadline of: 30 Sep 2020.
- Learning Centre Programme Partners will receive by email at the end of October a ‘My Story Creation competition’ starter kit with – story submission codes, a My Story Creation Programme introduction video and a writing and illustration guide.
Competition Rules for Individuals Category
- Individuals must register by 30 Sep 2020 via here to participate in the My Story Creation Competition 2020-21.
- Individuals must create a user account with login and password and complete the participant details to get started. If the story has more than one participant, must add the participant information and also each participant must have parental consent before the finished story can be uploaded and submitted into the competition.
- A standard story submission entry fee of HK$300 per story must be paid by credit card before a finished and uploaded story can be submitted to the annual My Story Creation Competition 2020-21.