1. How do I create an account and upload my story?
Please visit http://mystory.kids4kids.org.hk/ and create an account. You could start creating and submitting both the text and scanned image of illustrations online from 15th October 2020 to 15th January 2021.
there instructions on how to submit a story?
click here to
download the School Category step-by-step online submission guide, or
Click here to download the Individual Category
step-by-step online submission guide.
3. Do I need to submit a hard copy of my story?
No. Only shortlisted participants may be asked to submit the hard copies of their stories for further review.
4. Can I submit earlier than the deadline?
Yes. You can submit your story anytime between 15th October 2019 to 15th January 2021. For individual category participants, we are offering an Early Bird discount ($100 off) for story submission payments received by 30th November 2020, and have up to 15 January, 2021 to finish creating, uploading and submitting your story to be entered into the competition.
5. What if I miss the deadline due to unforeseen circumstances?
Unfortunately, to be fair in the judging process, all stories must be received between 15th October 2019 to 15th January 2020. We will not accept any submission after the submission deadline mentioned above.
6. How can I complete the Parent Consent Form?
There are 2 ways to complete the Parent Consent Form. You can download the blank form and upload the signed form to the website, or you can complete the consent form online. For details, please refer to the step-by-step online submission guide. Please note that your story cannot be submitted to enter the competition without completing the consent form.
7. I do not have a credit card, can I pay the submission quota fee offline?
Yes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request offline payment method details and state your name, category, school, contact number and the number of submission quota you would llike to purchase in the email.
8. Is there a word limit on the story?
Yes. Stories should be around 500 words (not more than 600) in English and/or around 800 characters (not more than 900) in Chinese.
9. Is there any preferred style of illustrations?
No. We welcome any style including hand drawings, computer art, collage etc.
10. Can I submit writing that has been previously published?
No. We only accept original and unpublished work.
11. What should I avoid when creating my story?
Please do not copy from other works by other people, nor include violent content or inappropriate language.