- The competition is open to all registered Hong Kong primary schools and all enrolled primary school students.
- Individuals and groups of up to 4 students can submit a single story.
- Originality: Stories and illustrations must be original
- Language Requirement: English and/or Chinese
- Page Limit: 10-12 pages of writing
- Word Limit: 50 words in English per page / 80 characters in Chinese per page
a. Each page of story must have an accompanying illustration
b. Measurements: min. 29.7cm x 29.7cm ( i.e. folded A3 size paper)
c. Writing and illustrations should be separate; story text should not be on the illustrations.
- Entries: Individuals and groups of up to 4 students may submit a joint story as one entry.
- Number of entries: There is no limit on the number of entries subject to payment of the relevant fees.
Story submissions will not be returned. If you would like your original story returned after the end of the competition cycle after 30th June 2019, you may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for self-pick up at Kids4Kids office. Any unclaimed materials will be disposed of in Kids4Kids’ discretion after 15th September, 2019.
- A panel of judges will select and present Awards to including but not limited to winners that have demonstrated exceptional : “Storytelling Excellence”, “Writing Excellence” and “Illustration Excellence” from the each participating school Category and Individual Category (which Learning Centres story submissions will be judged as a part of the Individual Category).
- A collection of 10 stories will be selected by our panel of judges and be printed in the annual Kids4Kids Treasury Vol. 8 publication
- The judge’s decisions are final and binding.