1. One day, an explorer watched the news report and found that the number of polar bears has been decreasing and the ice caps in North Pole has been melting. He was worried, so he decided to explore the news in North Pole.
Danger of the Arctic 區曉珈
Since 2008, the Kids4Kids My Story Creation annual story writing and illustration competition has provided primary students across Hong Kong with a creative platform that enables the budding writers and artists to imagine, create and share their stories.
This story was written and illustrated by kid(s) who participated in the Kids4Kids annual 'My Story Creation competition'. We hope to celebrate all the kids who used their creativity and imagination to create a story by giving them an opportunity to custom print their story, and be able to share and inspire other kids to create their own story.
Proceeds from the sale of this custom print story will help fund the Literacy Development Programmes at Kids4Kids to provide creative learning opportunities to low resourced communities in Hong Kong. By buying a Kids4Kids custom print story, you are not only applauding the future artists & authors of Hong Kong but you are also making a difference in a child’s life!
2. When the explorer arrived in the Arctic, he saw a hunter killing a polar bear because he wanted to use its fur to make beautiful clothes. Without waiting for a second, the explorer bumped into the hunter and said, ‘Stop killing the polar bear! They are endangered animals.' The hunter did not reply to the explorer but were frightened to walk away.
3. The explorer climbed up the glaciers and saw two polar bears were looking for something. He would like to give them a helping hand, thus he walked towards them gently. ‘Hello, I am an explorer. Can I help? What are you looking for?' The explorer asked nicely. ‘We are hungry! We are looking for some fish.' The mother polar bear replied softly.
4. ‘I don't know why all the fish has run away from the Arctic! When I was young, I could see the fish swimming happily in the water; but now many of them have disappeared...... Do you know why?' The little polar bear asked curiously.
5. ‘It's cold here. Let's go home and treat the explorer with a cup of hot tea first.' The mother polar bear suggested. ‘That's a great idea! I can explain everything to you at your home.' The explorer said. ‘Okay, I love to learn more from you. You are an explorer who travels all around the world. You must know everything. I am so excited to get the answers from you!' The little polar bear said.
6. When they walked back to where the house belonged, the mother polar bear and the little polar bear found that the furniture and the houseware were floating on the water. ‘Look! Are these your stuffs? ‘ The explorer exclaimed surprisingly. ‘Oh no! Our stuffs are on the water! What should we do?' The little polar bear screamed loudly.
7. With no choices, the mother polar bear and the explorer jumped into the water and picked up the stuffs one by one. ‘I am sorry that human beings have made global warming seriously. The ice caps are melting that you lose your home. Let me help to find another home for you two.' The explorer explained seriously.
8. Luckily, they found a tall ice - the tallest one that the explorer has ever seen. ‘Wait a minute! Why is there an igloo next to the ice cap?' The mother polar bear asked. ‘Oh, mine! May be there are hunters hiding inside the igloo! Be careful!' The explorer warned and walked carefully towards the igloo.
9. Suddenly, the hunter that the explorer met before jumped out from the igloo and wanted to shoot the polar bears. The explorer smashed the hunter with a giant ice. The hunter was frightened and ran away and never come back. ‘You are so strong and brave! You are our superhero!' The little polar bear thanked the explorer. ‘How can we thank you, our superhero?' The mother polar bear asked.
10. ‘Can you help me to show up in a series of advertisements for “Save the Earth from Global Warming”?' The explorer suggested. The mother polar bear and the little polar bear agreed. The advertisements have been made on TV channels and on the internet. People start reflecting upon their wrong and thinking about the future of the earth. Thanks for the superhero explorer!