Kids4Kids Limited (“we”) is committed to ensuring that all personal data submitted to us are handled in strict adherence to the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("PDPO"). We are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees and agents uphold these obligations.
We collect and store certain personal data including your name, address, email address, phone number, contact details, date of birth, your credit card or bank account information (only where this is needed to fulfill a transaction receiving a donation or purchase from you), password, online identifier or location data when accessing this website or any website operated by us, or other personal information relating to you that you voluntarily provide to us when you:
- set up and administer an account with us on our website;
- register for, participate in or attend our programmes, events, and volunteer work;
- make donations to us;
- make inquiries to us; or
- request us to keep you informed of our activities.
All such information is only collected on a voluntary basis. If you do not provide certain information to us, not all functionality of this website will be available.
We may use the personal data collected from you for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- provide our services to you including responding to any questions that you may have;
- enabling you to participate in our events, volunteer work and programmes;
- carrying out any transactions which you may make with us (including processing any donation payments or sale of items);
- use any credit card or payment information we acquire from you to fulfill a transaction receiving a donations or purchase from you;
- provide you with marketing communications which we think may be of interest to you, in accordance with the “Marketing Communications” section below;
- operating this website, such as recordkeeping, accounting and general administration;
- to comply with law or legal proceedings. For example, we may disclose information in response to court orders, and/or other lawful requests by regulators and/or law enforcement.
- We may send you information about our fundraising events, our activities, programmes, and other events in line with our mission from time to time;
- Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us.
You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications or update any settings for receiving offers or promotions at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that this opt-out process may take some time to complete as consistent with applicable law.
To protect your Personal Data while you are on the Site, we will encrypt any personal data you transmit to us via the website using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the login ID and password you may have set up in connection with your participation in our website’s services.
Although we take steps and use security features to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data, no data security measure or method of electronic storage, processing or transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that our website is absolutely secure. If you have any questions about security of our website, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential and not be disclosed to anyone else except:
- Any credit card issuing companies or similar third parties where necessary to establish and support donations or payment for item(s) made by you;
- Any other party who is responsible for marketing and promotion of our organization or events or the making of media products for Kids4Kids (only in the event you provide explicit consent to Kids4Kids’s use of your personal information collected in the course of events for the purpose of production of such media products); and
- Any other party where such disclosure is mandated by statutory obligations or as required by law or court of law, court order, or as requested by any government or law enforcement authority or administrative organization or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests or rights or to enforce any term of our website (as permitted by law).
We do not provide your personal data to any other third parties unless your prior express consent is obtained. We will not disclose your personal data to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing without prior notice to you and your prior consent.
We may provide links to third-party websites, including social media platforms. Since we do not control third-party websites and are not responsible for any information that you may provide while on those third-party websites, you should read the relevant privacy statement on those websites before providing any of your information on those websites.
Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests including legitimate business reasons, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes for which it is collected, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, or immediately after you request us to do so.
Minor who is under 18 years old may provide their personal data to us through volunteer registration. We are especially committed to protecting the privacy of minors who use our sites and participate in our programmes.
We will only allow involvement of minors in our programmes after receiving consent from their parents or a person appointed by a court to manage the affairs of the minor (the “Relevant Person”). At any time, the Relevant Person can refuse to permit us to collect further personal data from their minor, and can request that we delete from our records the personal data we have collected from the minor.
A cookie is a small amount of data created on a computer and stored on your hard drive when a person visits a website on the computer. It often includes an anonymous unique identifier. A cookie can be used to identify a computer. It, however, is not used to collect any personal data. In other words, it does not have the function of identifying an individual user of the website.
Cookies are used on our website to collect statistics about the number of visits and your preference of using our website. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. We automatically collect anonymous data relating to your online session to provide our services to you to fulfill the Purposes, to gather information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to information about the IP address of your computer, browser type and version, language, operating system, your mobile device, geo-location data, the state or country from which you accessed our website, the pages visited, the date and the time of visit, the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting our website, the number of links you click within our website, the functions you use on our website, the information you view and the searches you request on our website, and the data you save on or download from our website. We may place, view, and/or use “cookies”, Web server logs, Web beacons, or other electronic tools to collect information about your use of our website.
You may change your browser’s settings by disabling, rejecting or deleting cookies if you do not wish to accept cookies. If you disable or reject cookies, your experience on our website will remain almost the same, though some parts of this website may not function properly.
You have the right to ascertain whether we hold your personal data, and if we do, to request for a copy of the data and/or to request the correction of any of the data that is inaccurate. Your requests to access, correct, remove, block or restrict use of certain personal data should be sent to: 16A, Tak Lee Commercial Building, 113-117 Wan Chai Raod, Wanchai, Hong Kong. You can call us at 3618 6810 or email us at email@example.com If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, you may have the right to contact the applicable government authority.